I added gains to all the tracks again (-20dB), and took some tracks out. I realised that I wasn’t going to be using the animal noises track so I deleted it. I also decided against using track stacks because in my last mix, I realised that no matter how low you put the gain, it would still clip the output channel, however, without the track stacks it was fine and there was plenty of headroom. I’m not sure why this is and I might have to do a little research but that’s the reason I didn’t use track stacks this time.

I redid my kick drum. I’m much happier with it now. Already, the mix sounds much less dead and soulless. My toms sound vaguely listenable now so that is another plus. I am really glad that I restarted this mix.

Anyway, I’ve finished my kick, snare and toms, so I think I’m going to call it a night there and get some sleep.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s